Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!!

Here are 2 recipes that I love not only at Easter but all year round! This year I made the Cheesy Hash Brown bake at a neighborhood egg hunt/breakfast. I didn't even get any because by the time I got down the line, it was gone! But, quite a few people said it was good! And it's super easy!!! The Easter Egg Casserole is a recipe that I have used for quite a while. It is kind of a tradition to make this on Easter morning at my house (after the boys see their Easter baskets of course!!) I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

Cheesy Hash-Brown Bake

1 pkg. (32 ounces) southern style frozen has brown potatoes
2 cups shredded cheese
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup green onions (those of you who ate this at the neighborhood party...I thought I had green onions in my fridge but they were gone so I didn't add these this morning!!)

Preheat oven 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Spread in greased 13x9 pan. Bake 50-60 min or until browned.


Easter Egg Casserole

1 pkg (24 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 pound meat (sausage, ham or bacon) I usually use sausage.
1 small onion, finely chopped
8-10 hard boiled or scrambled eggs
1 can cond. cream of mushroom soup
3/4 soup can filled with milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
fresh parsley sprigs, optional garnish

Lightly butter 9x13 baking pan. Spread hash brown potatoes in bottom of pan.

Chop ham or bacon, if used. Scramble fry meat with finely chopped onion until meat is cooked through and onion is tranparent. (note: if ham is used, 1-2 tablespoons butter will be needed to saute onion in) Drain excess fat from pan. Spread cooked meat over potatoes.

Scramble eggs or peel dice hard cooked eggs. Place eggs on top of meat. Combine soup with milk and spread over casserole.

Casserole may be covered and refridgerated overnight or covered with foil and baked immediately at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle with cheese. Return uncovered to oven to melt cheese. Garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley and serve.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay i just found your cooking blog! Cant wait to try some recipes!!

    ReplyDelete